Modern House Design | Toys and Gifts |



Local Search Engines

The age of information is on its way as the internet reaches its popularity for being the place for everyone to look for something. Five years ago, I have no idea when I need to have my Ford’s manual book. My Ford car was one among the old schools, thus looking for the manuals would be likely searching needles in the haystack. Frustrating.

And now, all I need to do is sit in front of my computer and tap some keywords to search the manuals. Voila! I can have them for less than five minutes with hassle free. Sometimes, I just wonder how good it was if the internet was available when I was in college. I used to lack of citation sources at the time I need to accomplish my weekyl task. Sometimes those books weren’t just enough.

However, these internet magic wouldn’t be so easy to access without the help of search engine sites like Google, Yahoo!, and so on. They have the hardwork to index millions of pages, so when it comes for someone to look after something, they have it all way down to their computer in instant.

local search engine


By the same ideas, Local.Com also provides the search service for anybody who needs information from the internet. By partnering with sites like CitySearch, Yelp, YellowPages, and Superages, Local.Com provides local search for its users. The site contributes likely as the local yellowpages when you trying to search for local restaurants for example.

They act local, but think global.

posted by Daniy @ 12:31 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home